Monday, July 25, 2011

GOD IS GOOD

So I have to share my exciting news! Today we went to UAB for pre-transplant tests (EKG, Chest X-ray, Labs, Echocardiogram). Those went great. While waiting in the waiting room for the nurse, Dr. Forero walks by. As always he hugs me and says "Hello Anita" and "How are you, Mr. Kirshkoff". Lol...Love him and his Colombian accent. I asked him if he would have time to show me my PET scan images and he said of course. I proceeded with all of my tests and then went back to his office. He already had the images on the screen and didn't have to say a word. I gasped when I saw them and all I could say was WOW. To compare the two, the image taken in May showed the tumor in my chest the size of a golf ball and now the image taken in July showed it to be about the size of a grape. I politely asked him, "So the radiologist who read the images was a complete idiot, right?" He smiled and said, "We clinicians just see things differently. This is why it is important not only to rely on the report but also see the images for yourself". To clarify, I was just told last week that my tumor didn't reduce at least 50% based on the Report....Now I'm seeing for myself that it indeed has reduced at least 50% or more. This is such great news because it means that the cancer is responding better than we thought. All I can say is that GOD IS GOOD. I couldn't stop smiling and still can't. Crazy the things that make me happy these days :)

1 comment:

  1. That is wonderful news - does that mean you don't need a bone marrow transplant.....

    ReplyDelete