Friday, October 7, 2011

Good News.....

On Tuesday I had my repeat PET scan to determine if the questionable "spot" in the left clavicular area was still present. My PET wasn't until 4:00 CST. I wasn't really nervous just kind of go with the flow about it.

On Wednesday, my BMT Clinical Coordinator Wendy called with the results. She said that the "spot" wasn't there! This is great news! This means that the cancer is still localized in only one spot (the mediastinum or center chest) and hasn't moved to other areas of my body!

Dr. Forero gave us a call on Wednesday evening. He was very pleased with the results and happy that it is still localized. He is suggesting for me to do the SGN-35 for 2 cycles and if complete remission is achieved then we will move to the Autologus BMT. Afterwards we would do Radiation to the areas where the lymphoma was previously present.

He is also willing to work with the docs in Texas to hear different opinions and decide on the best way to treat my disease and aim for a CURE. He gave me his cell phone number to give to the doctor in Texas to have her call him. They are actually collegues and have worked on clinical trials together in the past. I'm thankful to have him as my oncologist and to know that he is willing to work with the other docs.

I'll keep everyone updated as much as possible. We are driving a dreadful 12 hour drive to Houston on Sunday. Pray for us a safe trip and a good visit with the doctors. Thanks to everyone in advance. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment