Saturday, December 10, 2011

Glory to God in the Highest

On November 28th we headed to Birmingham for my 3rd SGN treatment. We waited forever in the infusion area and then got to the back. I was stabbed in the chest (my port accessed) and then the infusion began. Dr. Forero came in to see me and said he definitely wanted to do the PET scan sceduled the following day. He said to me, "What would you do if I told you tomorrow that you are in complete remission?" I just smiled and said, "I would cry"....He seemed to have high hopes for a remission and it sounded good but after relapsing and not responding to therapy something inside makes you hesitant to believe it is too good to be true. He told me to stop by his office after my scan the next day and he would give me the results.

Mark and I went to our hotel and I took a much needed nap. We had a great night out to eat at our favorite restaurant, The Cheesecake factory. We shopped for a little while and then headed back to our hotel for the night. It was very cold that night and was actually supposed to snow.

The next morning there was no snow on the ground. We head to our 1030 PET scan appointment. After it was finished I had my CT scan. Then we headed to Dr. Foreros office for my results. They weren't in when we first got there and so we waited.....and waited. Finally, Dr. Foreros nurse Jenny came and said we could come back. Dr. Forero was standing by his computer with my results pulled up. He smiled and pointed to the screen and said read. I was shaking uncontrolably and my heart was pounding out of my chest. I read those words over and over again and the tears were flowing. It said, "NO EVIDENCE OF METABOLIC LYMPHOMA NOTED." I hugged Dr. Forero so tight and cried and cried. Tears of Joy....I looked at Mark and his eyes were teared up as well. Dr. Forero said, "Anita, you are in Complete remission my dear, it is gone".  That was one of the best days of my life. God is so good and I give all glory and honor to him.

We then discussed what was next.....my autologous bone marrow transplant. He wanted it scheduled ASAP and so we decided to stay another night and meet with the BMT doctor, Dr. Shelton in the morning.

As much as I dread having that horrific high dose chemotherapy and transplant...I see an end in sight. A new healthy me......Thank you Lord...


No comments:

Post a Comment