Friday, December 30, 2011

Day -8, -7, -6

Day -8 was considered a "rest day" so Mark and I just enjoyed the day. We slept late and then had a late breakfast at Cracker Barrell. We shopped around a little and got some things done. Target, Hobby Lobby, Dicks, Walgreens, etc. At 330 we saw the new Mission Impossible Movie which was pretty good if you like action movies. We finished off dinner at Pizza Hut. It was a pretty good day of just being out and about and hubby and me tme.

At Outpatient BMT getting my chemo
Day -7: Yesterday we had to be here at the BMT unit early to get my 2nd dose of Busulfan. It went well. I started out with my premed of Zofran IV and then the Busulfan went in over 3 hours and I got to go home. I forgot to mention the horrendous reaction that I had to the tegaderm where my right hickman line is. My skin is all red and blistered. I took the dressing off and refuse to wear another one. Hopefully it will get better. When we left the BMT unit we headed to our hotel The Hyatt Place where Nana, Jeannie, and Allie were waiting on us. Allie was standing just inside the hotel with Nana and she smiled from ear to ear when she saw us and I hugged her so tight. So happy to see my baby. We spent the night playing and then went and had dinner at the Cheesecake Factory. It was a nice night and I really enjoyed spending it with my family and especially sweet Allie. Before going back to the hotel we stopped at Walgreens and got some Eucerin cream to put on the rash. Hopefully, that will do the trick!

Day -6: We are here at the BMT unit now, my 3rd dose of Busulfan is infusing as I type. No bad side effects now. A little nausea at times that I can handle but mainly the Ativan makes me feel woozy and a little out of it. I've only got about 30 minutes left of the 3 hour infusion. We plan on taking Allie to the Birmingham Zoo if we have time today. I think she would love that. I will blog more about that next time.

No comments:

Post a Comment