Sunday, January 1, 2012

Day -6, -5, -4




Day -6 cont.... After finishing my infusion of Busulfan on Day -6, we went back to our hotel to get Allie and took a trip to the Birmingham Zoo. Allie loved it! We got there at around 3:00 and it closed at 4:00 so we didn't have much time. However, we were able to see a lot of the animals and it was enough for an almost 2 year old to take in. She kept waving and saying "hey" to each different animal. It was so much fun watching her. We hope to take her back once I get out of the hospital and we have the whole day to spend there. That night we just relaxed and ordered a pizza. It was nice to just be able to sit back and enjoy the evening.




Mark and I decorated my room!!
Day -5: Yesterday I woke up with my 2 favorite people laying beside me. Allie's angelic face was so beautiful as she slept and I could of just stayed there all day. We woke up around 9:00, got dressed and packed and checked out of the hotel. We decided to have breakfast at my favorite, Cracker Barrell. It was nice but I had to tell Allie goodbye after that. It was just as hard this time as the last. Just sucks. However, I know that I have to stay strong for her. She is my world and one day she will understand. I'm just glad that she doen't know everything now. I hugged Nana and Jeannie goodbye as well. Thank ya'll for bringing my angel to see me. Then we headed to the BMT unit for my last dose of Busulfan and I was put into my room as soon as we got here.The last dose went well and we Mark and I just hung out in my room. We watched the movie, Terrible Bosses and stayed up to see the ball drop.  Also, thanks to all of my family and friends for your continued prayers and support. Happy New Year!

Day -4: Today started with waking up to many different people coming in and out of my room. Between the Patient Care Tech, Pharmacist, Doctor Shelton, Nurses, and Janitor I wanted to scream. The last person to visit me was Eucharistic Minister from a Catholic Church nearby. I recieved the Body of Christ (Communion) and we prayed together for a few minutes. It was a very nice way to start the day. Mark left shortly after. He went home to take down the Christmas tree and decorations and to spend some time with Allie. I just finished my 2nd drug Thiotepa 1 out of 2. I will get the 2 dose tomorrow. It takes 3 hours to infuse. The main thing with this drug is that a large portion of it is excreted through the skin. Therefore, I have to take at least 3 showers a day to help avoid the rash or any irritation. My chest is still itchy, red, and tender. I will never never ever use tegaderm for myself again. My chest looks like it is sunburned because it is so red. I've been using the Eucerin dry skin cream and it has helped some. After the Thiotepa finished I began to feel nauseus. I asked for something for nausea and was giving Phenergan IV. My first time getting this one and it knocked my off my feet. I just feel dizzy and can't hardly concentrate. I'd rather feel like that then to get sick to my stomach. Mama just got here a few minutes ago. She will be staying with me until Mark comes back on Wedsnesday. We are making progree, my counts are a little down from yesterday but I am not neutropenic yet. So ready for this to be over with. Will blog again soon! Be blessed xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment