Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Day -3, Day -2, Day -1

Day -3 began with Mama and I waking up and ordering breakfast. Around lunch I got my 2nd dose of Thiotepa. I just rested while it was infusing. It was pretty much and uneventful day. Other than, my right Chestwall Hickman catheter started giving me a little trouble. The area around it began to swell a little compared to the other side and when the IV fluids were infusing there was a weird feeling. They disconnected that line and have only been using the left hickman since. Dr. Shelton ordered a chest X-ray and Ultrasound of the area. I also got to skype with Mark and Allie. Made my night!! I love that little girl so much!

Day -2: I woke up with the worst nausea that I have ever had. I vomitted a few times but I felt better afterwards. I got the chemo Mephalan 1/2 and it went well. The infusion was only about1 hour total. I have been told by many to suck on ice or popsicles while recieving the med and so I did for about half of the infusion. The reason for this is that the cold decreases the amount of blood flow to the mouth, this decreasing the amount of the chemo that the mouth gets. In turn this is suppose to help prevent the mouth sores. Only time will tell. It was determined by chest X-ray that the hickman catheter tip was in the right spot but there is a clot. Therefore, I have been started on a blood thinner, Lovenox. It will help to prevent any new clots from forming. I was also given many different medicines to try to combat the nausea that lasted pretty much all day. I was able to keep down some mashed potatoes and jello for dinner. I went to bed pretty early.

Day -1: Today began with nausea yet again. I got sick once i woke up but felt better afterwards. I hate Nausea with a passion and I wish it would just go away. I had a quarter of a bagel the slept. I also got my 2nd dose of Mephalan today. Mama went home today and Mark came back over to stay the next week or so. As soon as he got here I drank my Naked Juice and ate 3 peanut butter crackers then went on a walk. The hardest part so far is being away from home and my Allie. The nausea and crappy feeling suck too. I have to keep reminding myself that I can do this and I have to do this! NO turning back now. Transplant day is tomorrow Jan 5,2012. Please everyone say a prayer that everything goes well and this process is over sooner than later. Much Love.

No comments:

Post a Comment