Sunday, January 8, 2012

Day +1, Day +2, Day+3

Day +1 was pretty much uneventful. I felt pretty good and was about to eat a little grits and drink a naked juice. I haven't gotten the expected mucositis. I think it will be here soon as my mouth is mildly tender and I'm having really thick saliva. All signs pointing to mouth sores. No bad nausea today. Was able to do my walking around the unit. Daddy and Sandi came to visit. It was nice to see them but I hurt a little inside to see them go. My WBCs are still stable at 5.32 (normal is 4-11) Dr. Shelton says that the steroids I got during transplant yesterday could of causes the increase in the WBCs but they would definitely drop in the coming days.

Day +2  Another uneventful day. Mama and Meagan came to see me around lunch time. It was nice to see them and I wish they could of stayed longer. I was very happy to have company. We had a good time while they were here. We played UNO and it was fun watching us alter the rules and get competitive. I enjoyed that. Before they left, Meagan walked the halls with me for a bit. After they left, Mark went to the gym and I took a nap. My WBCs were 1.4 and now I'm considered neutropenic. I have to wear a mask whenever I'm out of my room to keep me from breathing in any germs. I also had to get some Potassium IV and was hooked back up to continous fluids to keep me from getting dehydrated.

Day +3 Today has been a good day! We woke up and listened to some music and ordered breakfast. I had a little bit of grits and Mark had his 4 hard boiled eggs and oatmeal. I then took a much needed walk around the unit and just hung out a little. Dr. Shelton stopped by see us and she said I was doing well but that I would get more Potassium today. My eyes have been bother me when I tried to read close up, like a text or small writing. She looked in both eyes with and said they look like the text book lol. We are assuming that it is a side effect of one of the chemos that will go away with time. Or it could be associated with my WBC counts dropping drastically to 0.25 today. I also was started on my Neupogen shots today to help my body to produce more wbcs. Mark went to they gym but he just called to see what I wanted to eat from Cracker Barell. Never in a million years would i think the he would like Cracker Barrell. I think it is one of his favorites now. We have eaten there the past 3 nights. I'm not complaining but he has been here for me anb I could'nt ask for a better husband. And it's so much better than the cafeteria food here :)


 


No comments:

Post a Comment