Saturday, January 7, 2012

Transplant Day - Day 0

Transplant day started off as any other....I got sick, go figure. I didn't eat much because of the nausea and just felt blah.

Around 10:00, the nurse brought this cyclinder like thing into my room. My stem cells were inside there. My WBCs were at 3.12, not as low as they will get in the coming days.  Before they started, I took a few laps around the unit and then they began.





I was given some premeds to keep me from having a reaction to the preservative that they use. The drugs were Benadryl, Demerol, and Solumedrol. That knocked me off of my feet as well. I slept during pretty much the whole process (it only took 30 minutes to transfuse) and until about dinner time. When I woke up I felt refreshed and 10 times better than I did before the transplant.


Now is just the watch an wait period. My blood cells will eventually over the next few days plummitt to near nothing. Then gradually they will start replenishing themselves with the helps of my newly transfused stem cells. I am so happy that the transplant went well. I've been told what to expect in the days to come but I pray that it will go by a smoothly and fast as possible. I've been ready be done with the big C word and I pray that this is it and our relationship is over!!!
My Re Birthday sign from the BMT team!
Re Birthday Cake from the staff

No comments:

Post a Comment